Word to PDF
Altsoft XML2PDF engine is one of the best solutions for converting Word to PDF files. Our formatting engine supports almost all Word 2003, 2007 and 2010 options and some of them even better than Microsoft Word does! Using XML2PDF Server (.NET API) one can easily teach his .NET application to create PDF, XPS, PS, SVG and TIFF from any word file (docx, doc, word xml).
Why do you need to convert Word to PDF? Microsoft Word is the most popular and easy tool for document creation. However PDF is de facto the standard for the document interchange over the Internet. If you need to convert your Word to PDF on the desktop, you can use Adobe Professional or one of many plug-ins for Microsoft Word. Also you can use our free desktop tool XML2PDF Workstation for converting Word to PDF. However neither Word nor Adobe Professional is suitable for server use. And if you need to convert Word to PDF automatically on your server or if you need your application to be able to do this conversion, the XML2PDF Commander or Server (.NET API) is your savior.
Among the most typical Word to PDF business use cases are:
- automatic invoice generation
- periodic advertising brochures printing
- sending bank statements or any other letters with client-specific information
- generation of print ready time planners for study process
- generation of print ready forms of various personalized documents including medical cards
- and many other cases where your application creates Word documents (or you just have it in your database) and then you need to make print-ready (such as PDF) versions of them.