Altsoft XML2PDF engine is the best and easiest solution for converting Word to PDF files. Our formatting engine supports almost all Word 2003, 2007 and 2010 options and some of them even better than Microsoft Word itself! Using XML2PDF Formatting Engine (.NET API) you can easily connect your .NET application to create PDF, XPS, PS, SVG and TIFF from any Word file (docx, doc, word xml).
Microsoft Word is the most popular and easiest tool for document creation. However, PDF is the de facto standard for document sharing over the internet. If you need to convert your Word to PDF on the desktop, you can use Adobe Professional or one of many plug-ins available for Microsoft Word. Our own free desktop tool XML2PDF Workstation for converting Word to PDF is also a very good option. However, neither Word nor Adobe Professional is suitable for server use. If you need to convert Word to PDF automatically on your server or if you need to add such functionality to your application to handle such conversions, then XML2PDF Formatting Engine (.NET API) or Commander (.NET API) are the tools you need.
Among the most typical Word to PDF business use cases are the following:
- automatic invoice generation
- periodic advertising brochures printing
- sending bank statements or any other letters with client-specific information
- generating print ready time planners for study processes
- generating print ready forms of various personalized documents including medical cards
- many other cases where your application creates Word documents (or you just have it in your database) and you need to make your documents print-ready in PDF