The main elements of the XSL-FO Debugger user interface are:
- XSL-FO objects tree, which is described in the first section
- Menu and toolbar, which are described in the previous section
- Debugging Log window It contains the notification and error message tree representing the status of document processing:
- Parsing error, i.e. syntax error in XSL-FO
- Formatting error, for example when certain formatting instructions are incompatible
- PDF file generation error, for example when the file with a given name can not be created
- Transforming error, i.e. error in applying XSL transform
- Validation was successful
- Formatting was successful
- Transformation was successful
If a certain error occurred while parsing, formatting or saving output file or, on the contrary, formatting was successful, the document status and types of all messages are shown in the corresponding tree node. These nodes form upper level of message tree hierarchy. Next level contains nodes grouping error messages of one category. The details of all messages including the the message text and the line number are presented at the lower level of message tree hierarchy.
Initially, log window is not expanded. The notification of errors or warning appears in the upper area of XslFo Debugger window:
If you click on the notification area the log window will become expanded.
Here is an example of log window with message tree:
- Document and style sheet view area showing which files are used for formatting:
Check box can be used to open resulting PDF files automatically with your default PDF Viewer.
- Configuration window and Properties area will be described in the following sections.
Send comments on this topic.
© Altsoft Company. All rights reserved.