Altsoft Font Type Master is a Microsoft .NET Framework based software product for editing fonts and converting between different font formats. It is based on Altsoft FTMBase class library. It is a fully-functional GUI application implementing basic and advanced routines for processing fonts. It can be useful for font designers and end users whenever universal font formatting and editing tool is necessary.
The functionality of Altsoft FTM includes:
- Support for Type1, Type2, Type42, TrueType, OpenType, CID-based fonts and Multiple Master fonts
- Retrieving font properties
- Font metrics generation
- Font subsetting
- Generation of instances of multiple master fonts
- Character outlines editing and glyph copying between fonts
- Extended encodings support
- Conversion between various font types: Type1, Type2, TrueType, OpenType, Type42
FTMaster – This edition provides the Windows GUI for view, edit and creation new fonts of various formats. Targeted for desktop usage. It is completely based on Altsoft FTMBase .NET API which provides a comprehensive set of classes and methods dealing with a variety of modern font formats.
FTMaster .NET API – This edition consists of a pure managed .NET assembly that provides the complete functionality for retrieving full access to font information, creation new fonts, Multiple Master font instances generation. It can be embedded directly into other products and used inside custom workflows. Windows GUI and server tools are also included.