To convert an HTML file to PDF using our XML2PDF Formatting Engine (Server previously) you should do the following:
- Open the command line application (cmd.exe) on your computer.Open the “Run” dialog (WIN+R) and enter “cmd”, then press “enter” or “Ok” button.
A command line window will appear:
- In the command line write the following:”C:\Program Files (x86)\Altsoft\XML2PDF Formatting Engine\API\convert.exe” “C:\Users\samples\sample.html” -output “C:\Users\samples\sample.pdf”
- “C:\Program Files (x86)\Altsoft\XML2PDF Formatting Engine\API\convert.exe” is the full route to the convert.exe file on your computer.
- “C:\Users\samples\sample.html” – the full route to a file you intend to convert. Specify here the file that you are going to convert.
- And “C:\Users\samples\sample.pdf” is the full route to an output file that will be created with our Formatting Engine. Specify here a folder and a desired name of the output file.
3. Press “Enter”, wait a little bit, and check created PDF file in the specified folder.
* This example is suitable for any input and output formats, however PDF is the default format for output files in XML2PDF.
! You can find more syntax examples of XML2PDF Formatinf Engine in the “Usage.txt” file that is installed together with our application (C:\Program Files (x86)\Altsoft\XML2PDF Formatting Engine\Xml2PDF.samples\Convert\Usage.txt).