In this example we will show you how to merge a balance sheet in .fo format and a covering letter created from an .xml plus an. xsl files.
To merge several documents to PDF using our XML2PDF Formatting Engine (Server previously) you should do the following:
1.Open the command line application (cmd.exe) on your computer.
Open the Run dialog (WIN+R) and enter cmd, then press enter or Ok button.
A command line window will appear.
2.In the command line write the following:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Altsoft\XML2PDF Formatting Engine\API\Merge.exe -fo C:\Users\samples\miscellaneous\email.xml -xsl C:\Users\samples\miscellaneous\e-mail.xslt C:\Users\samples\miscellaneous\balance_sheet.fo -output C:\Users\samples\balance.pdf
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Altsoft\XML2PDF Formatting Engine\API\Merge.exe is the full route to the Merge.exe file on your computer.
- C:\Users\samples\miscellaneous\email.xml, C:\Users\samples\miscellaneous\e-mail.xslt, C:\Users\samples\miscellaneous\balance_sheet.fo – the full route to files you intend to merge. Specify here files that you are going to merge together.
- And C:\Users\samples\balance.pdf is the full route to an output file that will be created with our Formatting Engine. Specify here a folder and a desired name of the output file.
- -fo means that you take FO files for input.
- -xsl means that you apply XSL Transform to a specified XML file.
3.Press Enter, wait until the process finishes and check the created PDF file in the specified folder.
* This example is suitable for any input and output formats, however PDF is the default format for output files in XML2PDF.
! You can find more syntax examples of XML2PDF Formating Engine in the Usage.txt file that is installed together with our application (C:\Program Files (x86)\Altsoft\XML2PDF Formatting Engine\Xml2PDF.samples\Merge\Usage.txt).